I thought I would share some interesting facts about me that some may not know… I am not an influential person, at least to the world. I may very well be prominent to my friends and family around me. I know that God has me here for a reason and I want to make the biggest possible impact I can. I have had some interesting things happen in my life that I thought I would share….
1. I have always loved music. Since the day I was born, I have loved music and many different kinds. Music entered my life as a child at church. My father lead singing at church a lot as I was growing up. No one ever taught me how to sing harmony and how to read music. Although taking piano lessons for 6 years when I was young probably helped me out a little. My father and I were know to be singing two parts at church together and in the middle of a song, we would switch. I was singing alto he was singing tenor and then we would trade parts. I was in chorus in school from jr high all the way through high school. My junior and senior year of high school I was most talented. This also lead to my sing with the Sweet Adeline’s for several years. Four-part harmony has always been part of my life, so this came naturally. With the TuneTown Show Chorus, I sang at the international chorus competition in Calgary, Canada. My father and I did most of the music for both my grandfather and grandmother’s funerals. Several of the songs we sang all 4 parts… Yes…we sang/recorded the first two parts, then we played those two parts as we recorded the other two. I love that I still have the recordings of these songs, because this was something very near and dear to me since my father is no longer with us.
2. I once had the opportunity to actually watch Michael Jordan play with the Chicago Bulls against the Cleveland Cavs. It was during the playoffs and we were on the very top row…but hey…at least I can say I was there.
3. I also was privileged to see the Great Wayne Gretzky play hockey and at the end of the game, I was actually able to touch the hockey stick he played with. (A man that was sitting down several rows in front of us was lucky enough that Wayne gave him his game stick).
4. I live in a small town, but I have been exposed to several big name people in the music industry. I have seen Trace Adkins on several occasions locally. I live, on both sides, next to music artists. On one side is Cindy Morgan, gospel artist and writer, with quite a few Dove awards under her belt. On the other is Craig Campbell, country music artist who recently hit the top 10 with his song “Keep them Kisses Comin”. It has been amazing watching him climb the country music status. I am watching him on CMT top 20 as we speak.
5. I am a military wife. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and he has been deployed for almost 6 years of those 13. I have had the privilege to travel with him with his job. The places we have been together have been Germany, France, Austria and not to mention the place in the US. It has been interesting to say the least.
So there, although I am sure many of you have seen and done many more interesting things than I have…I am proud of each and every one of these moments in my life. I plan on adding many more “firsts” as I continue this journey of life…So…how about you?