Ok…I really couldn’t think of anything to write about, so I thought I would just give you an insight of some things that I have accomplished lately and some things I would like to accomplish…
1. I have been reading…I know this may not seem much to some, but for me…it is huge! I have read more over the past few months than I have in YEARS!
2. After the two classes I am currently taking, I have one more to complete my Associates degree in Business! Woohoo! It has been a long time coming! When I went to college the first time around, I only went for 1 semester. Not only that, I didn’t do very good either (love crazed), so I basically started this time with only 3 credits…LOL! After I complete my Associates, I am going on to get my Bachelor’s in E-Business.
3. We are surviving on a one person budget. Needless to say, things are very strapped right now and are not always paid on time, but we are doing it. The Lord says if we just trust in him, it will work out, and that is what I am doing…putting my trust in Him!
Things I would like to accomplish:
1. I am a person who feels like they have to be organized. Now, with that said, I would like to repeat…I FEEL like I have to be organized, but I am not…I can be a terrible procrastinator. I would like some type of schedule in my day, whether it is certain times of the day to work on school, read the bible, or clean the house. This would help me to feel more in control. (Ha, like that will ever happen)
2. Spend more one-on-one time with my children. This is something I have never really done with my kids. With Mike fixing to leave for a long time, I would like to focus on them. Maybe have “dates” with both of my kids. I know they are older and may think it is silly to do at their age, but Taylor would love it and I think Trevor would like it (even though he probably wouldn’t admit it). (wink, wink)
3. Focus more on my husband. I know this will be hard with him being gone, but maybe focusing more on him when he calls. A lot of times when he calls, I am in the middle of something or things are a little hap-hazard at the moment, but if I stop what I am doing and listen to what he wants to talk about that would help him. I have to realize he is away from home and when he has down time, he is lonely. I need to fulfill his need, or at least try, of wanting to be here with us. I also want to make more of an effort to email and send him mail. I think if I learn to express myself to him a little more in words it will help the both of us.
Lord, please help me in these things I want to accomplish. I am a mother, student, daughter, singer, but most of all I am a wife and your child. Help me to be more open and available to my husband, and to realize that just listening is all he wants from me sometimes. On other occasions, I realize that he just wants to hear what I have done that day. Open my heart to see what he is craving and how I can make things simplier for him. Also Lord, thank you so much for the little things I have accomplished. I couldn’t have done any of them without the help of You! You are my stregnth and keep me uplifted when things seem down. Thank you for your Son, who left You to die for me…